Set goals and make an action plan. More
Go Build an Ark
Noah was a righteous man who walked faithfully with God in a world filled with violence, corruption and wickedness. You know the rest of the story. God surveyed the situation and commanded Noah to get up and get to work. He said:
So make yourself an ark of cypress wood; make rooms in it and coat it with pitch inside and out. This is how you are to build it: The ark is to be three hundred cubits long, fifty cubits wide and thirty cubits high. Make a roof for it, leaving below the roof an opening one cubit high all around. Put a door in the side of the ark and make lower, middle and upper decks. – Genesis 5:14-16
God’s instructions were specific and the objective was plain. Go build an ark. The great flood was coming and Noah had work to do.
We are called to get up, get moving and get to work. The mission has been laid down, the objectives are clear and the Spirit prods us to action. It’s time to mobilize.
3 | Mobilize
Mobilizing the church with goals, strategies and action plans is the third step in developing a ministry action plan. A purposeful action plan includes:
- Goals – Attach numeric measurements to your vision and values to determine if you succeeded in obtaining your objective.
- What does your church need to achieve?
- What does success look like?
- Measure your progress regularly.
- Strategies – Make informed choices to achieve your vision, values and goals.
- What choices help the church accomplish its objective?
- How can you reach your goals?
- Goals are translated into choices.
- Action Plans – Detail specific ministry initiatives and programs that feed your strategies.